“There is no more significant or fundamental stagnation in life… than what comes from having forgotten our True Self” Lonny S. Jarrett, Clinical Practice of Chinese Medicine
In most healing practices I have explored over the years it seems the mind gets a very bad rap, as a neurotic, insatiable, stressed out part of the bodymind that is somehow undesirable and needs to be quieted or shut off entirely. Can you imagine how the mind must feel when you embark on one of these practices that simply shit all over it and need it to do better all the time? This would feel like a witch hunt to the mind and in my own experience the mind fights back harder than ever to protect itself and you. The mind is certain you cannot live without its protection. The mind’s undying devotion to your survival is taken pretty seriously. I find these types of ‘fixing’ practices to be disrespectful to the mind because they are based in a simple misunderstanding that a split mind cannot transcend duality. In order to transcend the split mind, the mind itself must see it is and always has been whole! The fear and separation that the mind attaches to are an illusion of separateness. The fear practices of needing to ‘fix’ the mind create even bigger illusions of separation.
CLI perspective is a process that employs the stuck mind to see it is indeed a whole mind and can function as a valued partner to the heart and the True Self. The most essential nature of the CLI process is to create an atmosphere of complete safety for the mind to explore itself without the need to be ‘fixed’. Because the mind is living in a perpetual state of fear and shock, the mind automatically thinks any investigation is life threatening to you and itself. The CLI perspective understands that working with fear-based split mind is the key to an inspired universal experience in life.
The CLI process is rooted in the following two quantum scientific theories:
How you do one thing is how you do everything and everywhere you go there you are!
The understanding there has never been anything wrong with you and there is nothing to fix in you. This is the practice of nonjudgement and unconditional gratitude which is inherent to the True Nature of each of us.
All of the fear-based perspectives in the mind can be shifted in the following circumstances:
1. Safety First! The split mind that feels like it is on trial cannot do anything but create an even larger upset and overreaction in the face of the danger that it is wrong. If the mind can understand that it hasn’t done anything wrong and the inquiry is to help ease its pain, exhaustion, and fear without judgement it will relax and take down the defenses. In an effort to create this experience of safety, CLI is playful, only inquiring about things that do not openly threaten the mind’s identity. When the mind experiences that the goal of the process is only to gather information for the sole purpose of unconditional gratitude and nonjudging, there is a profound relief in the whole bodymind. CLI creates a safe zone the mind can trust!
2. Reframing the Fear Through understanding and exploration of new perspectives and theory, along with some playful exercises, CLI can reframe the context of data it is collecting, retrain the mind’s perspective, and rewire the brain to operate from a place of safety instead of drama and fearful conflict.
3. Expansion and Responding When the mind is relaxed it becomes open to new ideas and is able to respond to life instead of overreacting in fearful upset, fearing death, one hundred percent of the time. This flexibility in the mind actually creates physical, emotional, and mental, elasticity in the brain and nervous system. The brain’s fear-based synapses that have been hardwired by the mind are dissolved creating an expansion of possible perspectives and responses in life. The mind is then more open to information from other parts of itself, like the heart, and even the True Self.
4. Collaboration CLI process encourages collaboration of all parts of the human small self and True Self so the experience of life can be playfully inspiring. When there is a willingness to self-author with unconditional gratitude for the opportunities all life experiences present this can lead to SelfAuthoring from the True Self Worth that has always unquestionably been within the depths of each of us.
5. Decoding the Genius When shifting to the CLI perspective of nonjudgement and gratitude, inquiring into the mind becomes a safe playful endeavor to uncover and decode the fear-based suffering and illusion of separation, not to shit on the mind again for its stupidity. CLI teaches us to celebrate the mind’s pure genius! In CLI we are only looking for as many ways as possible to find gratitude for the mind.
6. Self-discovery All of life can be a journey of self-discovery for the purpose of True Self- discovery. Every experience is an opportunity to cultivate and transform the small self to grow awareness of and collaborate with the True Self as you were always meant to do. Discovering and working with the pure genius of the mind is the key.
7. Embracing Life All of this adds up to the ability to safely embrace all experiences in life with all your whole heart and whole mind as FOR you not TO you. CLI fosters intimacy (in-to-me-I-see) with the small self and True Self.
The CLI perspective and process invites the mind out of shock by showing it that the world it perceives through the lens of fear is a lie. Fear and shock can be resolved with the unconditional heart-based perspective. Attachments and judgements are only created to protect the small self. The process of transforming the fear and panic into wisdom through nonjudgment and unconditional gratitude in the heart is often called individuation. There is a unique alchemy of the heart to transform stagnation into movement through gratitude and nonattachment for every experience.
CLI invites you to take conscious responsibility for cultivating alchemy in every aspect of life. You will learn here that the world is made FOR you BY you to discover and LOVE you. The heart, as a representative of Universal Consciousness, and has all the information ever needed to transform the fear into unconditional gratitude.
The CLI program reveals that part of you has always been ready to evolve. Fear causes the avoidance of the True Self. Instead of being afraid of what you perceive, you can playfully and enthusiastically explore the field of information around you. CLI encourages collaboration with the part of you that would cover up and band-aid life going well beyond the need for coping, managing, and controlling life. It dives deeply and easily into your hidden false beliefs using clues from all around you to individuate your fear-based judgements and behaviours through the unconditional heart.
In the process of surrendering a fear-based blaming perspective, you are always cultivating the awareness of the True Self. The stagnation of blame becomes an opening for maximum movement and discovery. Through the new awareness of the value of what you are sensing, you can easily gather insight from your own clues - like a trail of bread crumbs. CLI welcomes home all rejected and abandoned parts of yourself no matter what, without the need for them to change. In this playful way, the mind can become a valued partner to the individuating heart revealing that you have always been whole. When we play in this non-threatening way, the mind softens and relaxes into the fun of CLI as a collaborator and respected friend.
I have learned in the last number of years, probably the hard way, that there are only two ways to do life:
Let fear rule growing the content by identifying with the personal ‘I’, struggling in blaming and judging trying to fix everything that’s wrong or not good enough, or ….. Understand that pain, symptoms, and struggle are logical expressions of opportunities not yet realized to reveal that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU! Pain and struggle are an illusion!
I must unconditionally embrace the fullness of the pain to embrace the fullness of power and destiny.
Our lives and our perceived personal ‘choices’ are like quantum trajectories in the universe which we can ignore this remaining blind to the real reason I may be here in this life, or I can enthusiastically explore behind the curtain, backstage in the quantum world to find the great truth of the universe. The path of understanding this difference comes through exploring ancient philosophies and quantum science instead of simply taking for granted the illusory world your senses insist on is true.
For most of my life I didn’t even know that there was a difference, or this was a perspective that was even available to me because the world my senses was telling felt so real! In reality we have nothing to lose by wondering and exploring the real world of quantum and everything to gain.
The first part of this guide will help you to understand how hell this illusion from the mind is happening and the second part will help you to take exploratory action to uncover the True Self Worth where there is no fear or struggle.
Most of the practices I engaged in at the beginning of this ride and still see out there today, have been focused on identifying problems and fixing them. In essence telling myself I am wrong and in order to love and be loved I need to fix myself. Another lesson I have learned is that as long as my mind is judging me as wrong or not good enough my mind can never realize wholeness and wholeness in the mind is the true path to self-actualization to find the TRUE WORTH. So instead of fracturing and splitting myself into bigger pieces by trying to ‘stop’ or ‘control’ myself all the time I could welcome each rejected part of myself home without the need for this part to change or ‘be fixed’. This was a huge realization for me and Conscious Living Investigation is built on this perspective.
Here is a quote from Yoda that I love!
“Fear is the path to the dark side; Fear leads to anger; Anger leads to hate; Hate leads to endless suffering.”
Fear only ever happens as an illusion in the mind driving the judging and struggle you experience.
Fear in the mind is not your biggest problem that you have to fix, but your most amazing opportunity to discover the whole you and your True Self Worth. I am proposing that you can work with your fears to uncover the wonder of the universe! Your mental self is your greatest wealth!
CLI is a work of Heart! When the mind is met with a compassionate and unconditional heart and Universe knowing that it will not be judged or shamed the mind can become your most trusted ally in life instead of something you are constantly judging and victimizing yourself with. This perspective has literally changed my life! I am always going to reach to know and love ALL of myself and leave no part or identity behind! This is the path to wholeness! TRUE SELF authoring begins when we start to individuate the small self from pain wisdom, liberating through the self that needs to judge everything and awakening the TRUE SELF. Freedom has two faces: freedom from entanglement with small self (the I and the illusion) and, freedom to TRUE Self Worth – wholeness.
There are several ways to join us in the Conscious Living community: